Sunday, March 20, 2011

What to do with the leftovers...?

Steak and Fruit Salad

I have a refrigerator filled with leftovers. Lots of odds and ends like baby spinach and romaine lettuce from Mom, grapes, cantaloupe, apple, last night's steak, leftover mahi mahi. I don't want any of it to go to waste, so I combined some of it to make a tasty salad! Salads are great because 1) you can put almost anything on them and 2) they're easy to make.

One of the dorms I lived in would serve a salad with bleu cheese, grapes, steak, red onion, roasted red peppers, and green apple. It sounds like a sort of unusual combination of flavors, but it was delicious! I decided to recreate something like that by combining baby spinach, a little bit of romaine for crunch, dried cherries and cranberries, apple slices, steak pieces, walnuts, red onion, and feta cheese. It really came out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment